Stocking question.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Karl Simpson

Reaction score
New to having such a large tank (350l). Good filtration and I have the current stock
10 Neons
10 Rummy noses
4 Giant sailfin mollies
8 mollies
3 swordtails
3 platys
4 Kubotai loaches
1 Super red Bristle nose
1 Bristle nose
4 Honey Gouramis
20ish Guppies
4 Zebra Snails
4 Ramshorn Snails.
As I said Im not used to a large tank with a large number of fish (the tank used to house an axolotl until he past) so wanted to know does this seem over stocked?
Thanks in advance.

I can't comment on the stocking level without knowing more about how long the tank has established, the dimensions and how many live plants are in the tank.

What is a concern is the mix of fish that you have listed. The livebearers you mention all require hard water, except for the moliies which require very hard water. They will die in soft water. All the other fish you mention require soft water and will be sickly in hard water which will ultimately result in premature death. Please let us know the hardness of your water and the unit that this is measured in. The figure that is important is GH, we need the number as well as the unit as there are several different units in commom use. This information may be available on your water suppliers website. If you have test strips this would also help identify which fish are suitable for your setup.

Oh and :hi:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back