Stocking Question

jrussuk

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bromley
Hi
I have a 100 lt tank with a fluval 105 external filter. My tank is stocked as follows:

2 khuli loaches

6 hengli rasboras

1 dwarf neon rainbow fish

6 white finned minnows

3 platys

2 german blue rams

3 otos

my friend has offered me 4 x ray tetras which he wants to get rid of (don't ask me why!)

Looking at my list now i think i may be overstocked but i have never had any problems with water stats etc and my tank dosent look over crowded, The fish look and act healthy.

do anyone think i have room for the tetras as i find it hard to say no to fish ( the neon rainbow was offered to me as was the platys which i accepted)

Many Thanks for any advice given
 
Well if you do the approximate one fish per gallon or 3.3 liters, you are just about at capacity with one gallon over or 3.3 liters. I'm sure 4 tetras would not overload your system, as you are currently not overstocked, I would just be hesitant in adding anything else.
 
I agree with ^


These fish don't produce that much waste like bigger messy fish like piranas or cichlids so i would have thought it will be fine.

tom
 
ive just used the tank calculator and relised its a 90 ltr tank not 100 :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top