Stocking Question - Honey Vs Pearl

Atm I got. 30 litre but am looking at getting a 240 soon after crimbo.
And ruskull how old are yours or how big ?

Well the minimum suggested tank size for a single Pearl Gourami is 20 gallons, preferably a 20 tall which is about 80 liters right?  If you want a pair you should have at least 30 USG aka roughly 90 L.  

With a 240 L (60+ USG) you could easily fit a couple of trios of 2 males & 6 females if you didn't have many other fish in the tank.  Probably best to play it safe and just get 1 male and 3 females to spread out any aggression from the male.  Make sure the tank is well planted and has interesting places for them to chill out.

I've had my Pearls for almost 3 years, the Opaline G is the oldest fish in the tank and probably 4 years old.  The Paradise Fish has only been in the tank for about a year and a half.  The Pearls and the Opaline are all 4½ inches long but they never stay still long enough to be sure 
sad2.gif
  The Paradise G is about 3½ inches.

I've had Honey Gouramis too and they are cool, like mini Dwarf Gouramis, but I prefer a bigger fish for the tank you have planned.  

A pair or maybe a trio depending on the personalities of the fish.  Should be okay if you get them together & young enough.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back