Stocking My 55 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bwarn13

Reaction score
hey guys. so i just got my 55 set up. its currently at 8.o ph and 80 degrees. i have a rainbow that outgrew a 29 gallon and now im moving him to the 55. i also want to add 7 or 8 african cichlids to the mix. the problem is i dont know who gets along with who. any help picking fish would be great. preferably an all male tank also because i dont want breeding. finally, i saw a crawfish at my lfs. would it be safe with the cichlids and rainbow? would the cichlids and rainbow be safe? THANKS

Hey, not to sure about that stocking. Not to sure how things would go with putting anything else with African Cichlids, although you haven't mentioned which ones.....Mbuna, Peacocks, Haps, etc. I keep Mbuna and it is not a great idea to keep anything with them except other Mbuna. I know other people keep male only Peacock tanks and they look very nice. I don't know at all about what other fish you can keep with them so hopefully someone else will come along and help out. Good luck.

Thanks,
Steve

There are few african cichlids that thrive in the pH you mentioned, with the exception of mbuna. Most mbuna only tolerate other mbuna and even still you have a rather aggressive tank. I would stick to one type of african cichlid in your tank. such as mbuna or peacocks, or haplos. I wouldnt intermix them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back