Stocking My 50g Tall Aquarium

BrockYoung

New Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This is my current tank, minus the goldfish and decorations. I bought it used and Im turning it into a tropical tank. It's 50G.
99429d0_20.jpeg


I always liked blood parrots, but the research I've been doing on them, amidst the controversy, seems to be mixed. Some sites say I could keep maybe 3 in there, while others say it isn't big enough for one. I thought two with a small ground crew (4-5) of corys would be nice.

But I'm open for suggestions. I enjoy cichlids because they seem to have a lot of personality. I'm a student, so I can't have anything that requires excess work (i.e discus, which I read need daily water changes). I've been told angels like tall tanks, but I'm not sold on them personally. Maybe someone here can do the selling.

My other ideas included a community tank with a boat load of neon tetras and corys, Maybe 15 of each?

Ideally though, I'd like to have 2 or 3 medium cichlids with a cory cleanup crew. Is my blood parrot idea feasible? Maybe there's another kind of cichlid that would be better?

Thanks for any advice.

Brock

PS) I've done my research on BP's. I realize there is a controversy surrounding them. If you would like to debate their existence/sale with me, feel free to shoot me a private message.
 
What are the dimensions of the tank? The problem with tall tanks is that some fish don't have the room they need to swim around in.
 
some cories,guppy,platys,mollies and tetra are good beginner fish but angelfish if you could get them they will love that tank cause they mainly like tanks that are tall then long
 
What are the dimensions of the tank? The problem with tall tanks is that some fish don't have the room they need to swim around in.

To be honest, I'm not sure... I'll check when I get home though.
 
Can someone tell me more about angel fish? How many could I keep healthy with a school of say 6 corys swimming at the bottom? Do they do well with corys?
 
Hi, are you sure it's 50 gallons? It looks more like 50 litres to me [unless you have extremely large goldies!] I have a 50 litre hex that looks roughly the same size......could be wrong though :blink: Please make sure of the dimensions of your tank before stocking it....then use the calculator at the top of the page to work out how many inches of fish you can have :)

Lisa x
 
Angels would be suitable for that tank. Dwarf Cichlids like apistogrammas and rams would be suitable too.
 
Hi, are you sure it's 50 gallons? It looks more like 50 litres to me [unless you have extremely large goldies!]

That's exactly what I was thinking...

You wanna check the dimensions on that tank?
 
My Corys would hate that tank. No room to swim around.

Since upsizing my tank mine have got a new lease of life.

No Corys IMO
 

Most reactions

Back
Top