Stocking my 10 Gallon

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

prophet08

Reaction score
I have had a 10 Gallon going for a week. A few live plants, a driftwood log and a small cave. Smooth/rounded mid size Gravel, and filter is a Whisper Power filter and per reviews it works well in a 10 gallon. I also added a small handful of gravel from a friend's well established healthy tank.

Yesterday I added 2 Dwarf Gouramis. If they make it through establishing the tank, I plan to add 3 Dwarf Corys and about 5-6 Glow light tetras.

1) Would I be overstocking the tank?

2) When should I add fish and in what order?

3) Can I do the entire school of Tetras at the same time or should I add them a couple at a time?

4) Is there anything I can do to make it easier on the gouramis already in there?

I would have suggested only buying one dwarf. Two of them is pretty much all that a 10 gallon can hold, even though they only get to 2.5". I'd return one if I were you and wanted the other fish.

However, if you figure out a way to fix the above problem or decide not to heed my advice, I would add 2-3 tetras at a time after the tank has gone through initial cycling. Then add 2-3 more when the second cycle has finished. After all of this, add the cories, because cories had weaker immune systems than the others and need a fully cycled tank.

I agree with temp.

Since you already have the Gs though. I would just not get the tetras.
2 gs and
One corry is GTG in a 10g tank.

Don't forget however that Cories like to shoal. So keeping only one in there with your gourami's may mean it will be shy and be hiding alot.

Also if you only get the cory, please remember that you should wait until the tank is fully cycled before you stick the little bottomdweller in there.

Most reactions

Back