Stocking List

OscarWilde

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
512
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
OK. Plan to stock my 50G on Monday:

Readings all good, ligthly planted with Bogwood, Java Fern and Amazon Sword.
Filtered by Cascade 400 and Fluval 2+. Also putting a powerhead in later today.

Was thinking:

10 X Tiger Barbs
3 X Clown Loach
2 X Angels
4 X Dwarf Gourami
6 X Sunset Platty
6 X Guppy

Prepared for Frequent changes + plan to upgrade to 100G+ next year.
 
Your stock all wrong.
Clown loaches really need larger tanks, but fine if you are up grading.

The tiger barbs and angels won't get along.
The barbs and angels will nip the platies and guppies, plus the other way round.
Gourami don't go with angel and tiger barbs I think.
 
My gourami gets along with my angel. My angel gets along with my livebearers, but the thing is the livebearers need to know what part of the tank they can swim in. Or else the angel will push them away from his area. Is your tank cycled.
 
Your stock all wrong.
Clown loaches really need larger tanks, but fine if you are up grading.

The tiger barbs and angels won't get along.
The barbs and angels will nip the platies and guppies, plus the other way round.
Gourami don't go with angel and tiger barbs I think.

OK. Can lose the Angels, never been to big a fan anyway? I currently keep a Shoal of Tiger barbs with some Plattys and Gourami and it is fine (too busy fighting amongst themselves) so happy to mix them.

10 X Tiger Barbs
3 X Clown Loach
4 X Dwarf Gourami
6 X Sunset Platty
6 X Guppy

is your tank cycled

Yes. Used mature media from my 25G + mature media from the person got the tank from. Effectively just done a 100% water change.
 
Are you thinking of getting 4 dwarf gourami males? Because i think even in a 55G they will fight with each other (not enough space for 4 territories)
I would look at either getting a trio (1male 2 female), or go for Pearl gouarmis.
 
I really would not put guppies with tiger barbs; it's just too much temptation.

Are you thinking of getting 4 dwarf gourami males? Because i think even in a 55G they will fight with each other (not enough space for 4 territories)
I would look at either getting a trio (1male 2 female), or go for Pearl gouarmis.

OK. I have been wanting some Guppys but can add those to my 20G instead. As for the Goramis how about a trio + 2 Pearls?

10 X Tiger Barbs
3 X Clown Loach
3 X Dwarf Gourami
2 X Pearl Gourami
6 X Sunset Platty

Room for anything else? See any other problems? Thanks for your comments so far.
 
It would of been easy to ask what fish can I put with tiger barbs.lol
Been doing a search and some sites say no to gouramis with tiger barbs.
 
It would of been easy to ask what fish can I put with tiger barbs.lol
Been doing a search and some sites say no to gouramis with tiger barbs.

:lol:

I'm not worried about mixing them as have had Gouramuis and TB's mixed in my tanks for a long time with no problems.

I like TB's because they are lively, colourful and they are shoalers. If you could reccomend anything similar then perhaps I could look at those instead?
 
Tiger Barbs are pretty aggressive fish, however they can go in a community provided that they have a large group, and can fight amongst themselves (i heard odd numbers work better?). Usually then they pick on each other rather than the other fish. A lone TG or even a trio, would completely terrorize a tank, nip guppys tails, gourami feelers.

However even in large groups i've heard that sometimes it just doesn't work out. Give it a try, but be prepared to separate.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top