Stocking levels

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Some good starting plants are Crypt Wentdii's (both green and red varieties), Apponogeton bulbs (fast growing once sprouted and can get large), Java moss and Java ferns. These plants can and do do well in low lights. With the crypts you'll need to add a fertilizer tab to the roots once a month to keep them growing nice and strong. R

Actually, the single fish in my tank is the H&T.  (I was thinkin' I could get another from the same batch the other day, but one of the fishes looked funny--had 2 white half-circle spots along the top of him--, so I wasn't sure.)  He hangs out by himself too, but occasionally comes out and kinda swims with the Ulrey's.  The adult Ulrey's also sometimes hangs alone at the side.  The other Black Phantom and the little Ulrey's seem all right.  What's wierd is last night the isolated Phantom came out and kinda tried to 'nuzzle' against the other one. like right alongside him.(???)  I'm pretty sure they're both male, don't see any red coloring.  In fact a few minutes ago, I saw him doing it again.  
Soooo, you think I  should get another fish before vaca?
---------------------------------
No, I don't have any live plants.  (Flinching) "Please don't hit me"   I don't know if I'm quite ready for that.  'Course, judging by a couple o' plants I bought for the house would leave no doubt. :laugh:  :what:  I think I read once that today's plastic--yes, I said the word--plants look almost real.  I know it's not true, but comforting. ;)   But thanks for the tips, Rose.  Maybe one day...

Some day I'll convert you. Till then enjoy your plastic plants. Rose

Rose, do you still have that hypnosis machine?

Reg2k2 - You are feeling very sleepy, you are feeling very sleepy, You want live plants, you want live plants, when I click my fingers you will wake up and go and buy some live plants "click"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tatya are the hollidays getting to you, you seem to be gatting madder everyday. Soon I'll need to place you next to rose :laugh:

The hols are definitely getting to me :D I need students to keep me sane :laugh: :laugh:

Reg, I would pair up the tetras, they like their own kind. And once you see how easy it is to care for a live plant, you'll wonder why the "plastic plant" people shun them.

Davy~ I've just finished putting the padding on the wals in the three rooms next to Rose's. looks like weel be needing more. :laugh:

Nobody is locking me in a padded room - I've only just got out ;)

Added to which I can prove I'm saner than you all anyway - I've got a certificate to prove it :laugh: :laugh:

I got a padded room way cool. Can I have some color crayons pleeeeeease.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back