Stocking In 50 Liter Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I have decided to keep my garra, he is happy in the tank, i'm going to plant it up and buy a hide for him, IF I see any signs of distress, disease or aggression I have found a family willing to adopt him and I will without hesitation move him!

If you want to keep your Garra responsibly, you need a much bigger tank than a 50l...

My adult can and often does zoom around like a bullet in my riverine (high water flow) 5x2x2! While a 5-foot tank definitely exceeds their minimum needs, a 3-foot is the absolute least they deserve for a singleton. In a 4-footer you could keep 3 or 4, providing you supply 4 or 5 caves/ plant pots for them to use spread out over the tank floor, with plenty of plants/bogwood to create lots of line of sight barriers.

Like several species, its a case of a singleton or at least 3, never just two (where the submissive one will likely die from bullying stress, they do not have the weapons to inflict physical damage).

Even without the Garra, you still have too many fish in that tank, one of those schools needs to go.

At the moment im trying to source a larger tank for free or cheap as poss as we're on a tight budget... I'm a responsible person and will try to do what's best for my fish, he's happy whilst he is a baby. I was told by lfs that my tank was big enough for what have... Again another misinformation by a fish shop! As previously mentioned, i'm trying.tp rehome the guppys at the moment!

Most reactions

Back