Stocking Ideas HELP!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thank you Byron, I think my algae is a green algae. It is growing on some cholla wood and Ian about a quarter inch high.

I think I get what you are saying. I should probably get a few more neons and maybe a small school of Pygmy Corydoras if I want them. My LFS has those and they are super cute.

I think I get what you are saying. I should probably get a few more neons and maybe a small school of Pygmy Corydoras if I want them. My LFS has those and they are super cute.

Is the substrate sand? This is essential for these cories, or any cory for that matter.

I have gravel. I decided to use gravel because I thought it was easier to clean

It isn't really. But don't get the cories unless you change to sand. And in a small tank with just the six neons now, you could change the substrate if you like. I changed over to sand several years ago and have never regretted it.

Is it difficult to vacuum? I imagine that you can’t just siphon it like you could with gravel. Do you mind telling me how to clean it since you have some.

Is it difficult to vacuum? I imagine that you can’t just siphon it like you could with gravel. Do you mind telling me how to clean it since you have some.

In some tanks I never touch it. This is in my cory tank, and their normal filter-feeding habits make it unnecessary. I also have snails which help with organics in all tanks. In some tanks I do run the W/C unit over the substrate, just above it, it you can sort of stir up the mulm. The mulm will get sucked up, the sand does not, at least not with the Python attached to the faucet. The manual W/C might (mine has), so kink the hose a bit to slow it down.

Most reactions

trending

Back