Stocking ideas for 125 litre tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Darter217

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Setting up my first tank and just trying to take suggestions for some stocking ideas? At the moment I'm thinking of a pair of Honey Gouramis with a school of neon tetras and a group of albino Cory catfish. Although I'd be interested to listen to other suggestions before I start the cycle process :) just remember my tap water is soft and my tank is 125l.

It sounds like a nice mix and colours. There are a bunch of Tetras and Rasboras that would work though, you could have smaller schoolers like Galaxy Rasbora or Ember Tetras so you could have a bigger school as they both grow smaller. You could get the Albino cories or there are some other cool ones like pandas or pygmy cories?

Wills

It sounds like a nice mix and colours. There are a bunch of Tetras and Rasboras that would work though, you could have smaller schoolers like Galaxy Rasbora or Ember Tetras so you could have a bigger school as they both grow smaller. You could get the Albino cories or there are some other cool ones like pandas or pygmy cories?

Wills

Those are some decent options, I am open to swapping one of the 3 species I mentioned out for another but adding a 4th smaller species wouldn't go a miss either. I quite liked the look of the dwarf Gouramis until I heard about that nasty virus they often catch and how they can sometimes be semi aggressive.

I have been looking at a few of the more unusual tetra species as well in case j have a change of heart about the neons.

I always suggest filling out a tank at all levels top mid bottom

Hatchet fish are exclusively top. Marble hatchets don't get as big as silver. Pencil fish are top mid and belong in shoals.
Mid are similar sized tetra ,rasbora ,cherry barb
Bottom corydora, smaller loaches like zebra, or RAMS or other dwarf cichlid.

I always suggest filling out a tank at all levels top mid bottom

Hatchet fish are exclusively top. Marble hatchets don't get as big as silver. Pencil fish are top mid and belong in shoals.
Mid are similar sized tetra ,rasbora ,cherry barb
Bottom corydora, smaller loaches like zebra, or RAMS or other dwarf cichlid.

My current choices already fit the bill there, Gouramis around the top, tetras in the middle and Cory's at the bottom.

Most reactions

trending

Back