Stocking Help

DE_Tank

Reaction score
Hi, can someone tell me what my stocking is like/how close to maximum I am it’s a 125l planted tank with internal filter (bio-flow medium) juel Rio, I do 50% water changes weekly sometimes 2. Soft water, ph 7.0 0 ammonia/nitrite nitrates always under 5
I currently have
-8 bronze Corys
-8 neon tetra
-5glowlight tetra
-3 phantom tetra
-4 otocinclus
-2 nerite snails
I’m not planning on getting anymore of the phantoms or glow lights as they are old and will just be a constant cycle of them dying and me buying more to keep the school up. Would I be okay to get 4 or even 6 more otocinclus or am I at max

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
The tank is 81 cm long x 36 cm deep x 50 cm tall (to the top of the tank, not to the water surface). I used to have one. That's 32 x 14 x 20 inches. And 125 litres = 33 gallons.

Do you current otos eat anything other than algae? That's my only concern about more otos - if they only eat algae, can your tank provide enough?

Slaphppy7

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi, can someone tell me what my stocking is like/how close to maximum I am it’s a 125l planted tank with internal filter (bio-flow medium) juel Rio, I do 50% water changes weekly sometimes 2. Soft water, ph 7.0 0 ammonia/nitrite nitrates always under 5
I currently have
-8 bronze Corys
-8 neon tetra
-5glowlight tetra
-3 phantom tetra
-4 otocinclus
-2 nerite snails
I’m not planning on getting anymore of the phantoms or glow lights as they are old and will just be a constant cycle of them dying and me buying more to keep the school up. Would I be okay to get 4 or even 6 more otocinclus or am I at max
Use this tool: http://www.aqadvisor.com/

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days