Stocking Help

GAB99

Jack Of All Trades
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
i have
2 dwarf gouramis
2 silver hatchets
1 dojo loach
3 ghost shrimps

these are the rest of the fish i want to add, feel free to change it however you want
3 bosemani rainbows
1 raphael catfish
2 balloon mollies


i dont think that the shrimps will live when/if i add the catfish and one of the gouramis is really sick. i wont be adding anymore fish for about another month.
i found the rainbows in a petsmart 15-20 gallon with 10-12 fish with some other animals, so wouldnt it be nicer to get three and put them in my tank?
 
What size tank do you have? The boesemani need a good sized tank for swimming space and prefer to be in a larger group, they can reach 5".
 
Also which type of raphael catfish? The spotted raphael gets to 8", while the striped raphael gets about 9.4" (info from Fish Profiles). I have personally had a spotted raphael and he was the most useless fish I've ever (not) seen in my life. I put him in my tank, he found the perfect catfish hole in a log I had and I didn't see him again until I had to literally pry him out of it to take him back to the store! (And yes, they do croak!) I don't want to push or anything, but my suggestion would be a bumblebee catfish if you can find one. They're much smaller (2.4") and I actually have seen mine upon occasion.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top