Stocking for a 13.5 Gallon Fluval Sea Evo Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Neil Mani

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been in the freshwater side of the hobby , I want to start the saltwater side. I thought getting a fluval sea evo will be a good start. Before I buy anything, I just wanted to make sure my stocking is okay. I wanted to put 1 female and 1 male ocellaris clownfish, 1 yellow clown goby, and one purplefire fish. Is this okay? If not tell, me what fish out of this can make a good stocking choice for a 13.5 gallon. Thanks

That looks OK, but it may be a tad on the overstocked side.

Purple firefish are aggressive towards their own species, so it’s recommended to keep one per tank.

They are normally chill with other, peaceful tank mates.

—-

Because both the Goby and the firefish are bottom dwellers, you may notice some conflict around feeding time.

So would 2 clown fish and a firefish be good? Would it be overstocked?
Yes, that would be OK. It would be your choice between the goby or the firefish.

Firefish are usually $50 each. With clownfish, it all depends on the color/pattern.

I would say stick with two clowns. You could add a bottom dweller but it may not work out as a pair of clowns are very agressive towards other fish. Mine even attack my hermit crabs.

A regular ocellaris is about $15 a fish.

What are the tank dimensions (Length x Width x Height)?

Fire gobies (Nemateleotris decora, magnifica and helfrichi) are peaceful fishes that live in small groups together. You can keep them on their own but they usually do better in groups of 2-6.

What are the tank dimensions (Length x Width x Height)?

Fire gobies (Nemateleotris decora, magnifica and helfrichi) are peaceful fishes that live in small groups together. You can keep them on their own but they usually do better in groups of 2-6.
I thought firefish gobys did best by themselves... they get highly aggressive when kept with similar or the same species.

I would say stick with two clowns. You could add a bottom dweller but it may not work out as a pair of clowns are very agressive towards other fish. Mine even attack my hermit crabs.
Well, I really wanted some type of bottom dweller. Have any recommendations that are fish?

Well, I really wanted some type of bottom dweller. Have any recommendations that are fish?
You could get a Watchman Goby, they are great beginner fish.

My clowns are very chill with all their tank mates, so a bottom dweller may work out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back