Still Learning And I'm Stuck In A Rut

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's my issue. I have had this 40 gallon saltwater tank running for about 3 months now and I have had no problems. I have 3 damesle's in it right now with one sand sifting star 4 turbo snails and probably 10 hermit crabs. I also have some soft corals. I have some xenia on the right rock and some mushroom polyps on the center rock and the one just to the left of the center rock. The last coral I have looks like a large tree. I do not know what it is but I bought it and fed it like the rest of them and it has really taken off.

Anyway I am now looking to add a "center piece" fish to my tank and I'm needing help. I really want something that will pop. Maybe something with a lot of color or something that will draw attention immedietly. I have been looking into dwarf lionfish and one seems like it would be a great fit. I know it will eat the damsels eventually but it was what really got me into the hobby. If not I have been looking into pufferfish but I'm not sure how aggressive they are. Would either of those fish work in a 40 gallon. I can re arrange the rocks if one of them needs more sand room.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/imcanadieneh/Random/?action=view&current=SaltwaterFishtank.jpg --- This is my tank

If you have any other suggestions to interesting/creative fish to place in my tank that would be appreciated!

An Angelfish? Something like a Centropyge bicolor or a Chaetodontoplus caeruleopunctatus and then maybe a Flasher Wrasse like a Paracheilinus carpenteri

If the "tree" coral is a soft coral it might be a kenya tree coral.

A dwarf lionfish would do fine in your tank, and more than likely would only eat your damsels if you don't keep him well fed.
I used to have a dwarf lionfish with a couple green chromis and he left them only until I went on vacation for a week and no one fed him for the week, at which point he ate them :crazy:

Puffers are cool although they will eat most of your clean up crew.

If you are looking for fish that will add a lot of color to your tank, you should look into the dwarf angelfish likeimcanagiehen said.

Nick D.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back