Still Cycling But Would Love Some Stocking Ideas!

Dogson

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 26, 2009
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
York
Fluval roma 125, sand substrate, planted tank, I now have a bit of bogwood under the large filter at the back now as the image is about a week old.

Image004.jpg


Thanks
 
What type of fish do you like small shoaling fish? Large fish?
Well I'd prefer shoaling fish to be honest I like Barbs but know they can be aggresive so maybe a form of tetra I saw some nice rummy noses and black x-ray tetras at maidenhead on the weekend but am open to ideas? I'm not interested in Livebearers too much.
Tks
 
Tetras generally prefer softer waters and its probably best to go to your LFS write down a couple of names of them and research yourself. Another area to look into are small rasboras of the bororas species with boraras brigittae being arguably the most beautiful. Also danios should not be overlooked. Gasteropelecus are funky shoaling fish and are the only true freshwater flying fish as they flap their pectoral fins to stay aloft for longer rather then gliding.
 
If you like the barbs then go for them. Just because they're nippy doesn't mean tank mates are impossible. I'm assuming you meant tiger barbs?
 
Yeah the tiger barbs/green tiger barbs I like the look of them I guess if you had them in a big enough shoal they would keep each other occupied? What is an ideal number?
 
6+ minimum, colour is irrelevant ie. 2 green + 4 normal = 6 total (or any combination thereof).
 
Thanks for the replies is it possible to have another sholing fish in there with Barbs further down the line like some tetras or minnows?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top