Starting up my small aquatic plant business, this is the journal.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

For Olive, Water Sprite grows fastest as a floating plant. I'm not sure if yours are planted in the substrate or growing on the surface, but for best results, grow it on the surface as a floating plant.
I bought 3 rooted stems, and pulled all the little baby ferns off the fronds and are letting them float. I have about 5 floating and 3 rooted.

I miss seeing corkscrew val for sale. Look at any internet planted tank and for some reason they ignore it. I always like the look and really never could get it to thrive before. I might try again.
As the years go by plants thrive in an aquarium to the head of class. Never mind what needs 30ppm of Co2 and also requires 6 ,175 watt bulbs to light up my 8' long aquarium. Elodea is looking good about now..

Some plants that you could grow for big profits are plants like Hydrocotyle tripartita that at the fish store sells for $7-10 and just a tiny 3-4 sprigs rooted in rockwool. I put mine in a jar outdoors and its growing pretty well considering its February. Easy and fast grower in or out of water I bet. Same for Monte Carlo,Hygrophila pinnatifida as expensive to buy and grow fast out of water.
Others like Anubias? I see as really slow growers but I saw Anubias nana at a store for $10 and it was just like three leaves..3 small leaves for that price. If you can get them up in production,they always sell.
One big profit maker if you have Co2 is Bolbitis. That plant is always in the $20 range and then add shipping to hobbyists who want one. Get it on Co2 and the lighting does not have to be anything special. That's the crazy thing about that fern. But,it is very sensitive to low Co2 in the average aquarium and that's where it starts to die off. I don't have CO2- but I do aim pump water at it and use the vortex of a powerhead and that has helped. You get that growing thick and you can retire.
Oh wow! That’s a good thought. I have some Hydrocotyle tripartita growing in my five gallon!

I unfortunately do not have Co2
Pearlweed is another in demand and easy to grow. Super fast with more light..some iron. Its one of the very few tiny leaved plants that does fine in non Co2 plant aquariums.
Just back to the Hydrocotyle tripartita...so much in demand and it reminds me many of weeds that pop up in a over watered lawns..or in winter here in Cali as a wild weed. Somehow in the aquarium it makes a great dainty look plant.
Ooooooooo I will look into that.

I miss seeing corkscrew val for sale. Look at any internet planted tank and for some reason they ignore it. I always like the look and really never could get it to thrive before. I might try again.
As the years go by plants thrive in an aquarium to the head of class. Never mind what needs 30ppm of Co2 and also requires 6 ,175 watt bulbs to light up my 8' long aquarium. Elodea is looking good about now..
Corkscrew vals are gorgeous! There’s just nothing like them.

Awesome! I may have to buy some one day 😉

Hows the water sprite growing?
I have no idea! I’ve been gone for two weeks, but @connorlindeman last I checked the hygrophila polysperma was choking it out… I moved some to floating not long before I left so I’ll be checking tonight how it did while I was away.

Anyone ever go through a random box of junk you packed up out of sight and out of mind months back and find a surprising amount of cash you forgot about? Well I did. I found $100 stashed in my closet from 3 years ago, we had some sketchy family visiting so I had hidden it. Now I know $100 isn’t much in the grand scheme of things, but it’s a good amount to buy some wading pools and stock tanks and new plants for my little business!

I think I’ve decided to just buy new plants instead of hassle with my duckweed infested ones from my tanks. I’m working on pricing right now. I’d like to have a 40 gallon stock tank with Pygmy sunfish and another with some neat strain of guppies. My LFS would absolutely be in the market for buying Pygmy sunfish. Considering the way they price things and what they pay for their stock, I expect I’d get at least $3 a piece for the sunfish and $1.50 for the guppies. That’s if I don’t want to deal with shipping.

I would never scoff at finding an extra $100 just laying around! Nice little find! :)

Recently my wife went through a stack of old mail, and found a check for about $500 that hadn't been cashed. I love free money! :D
free money is the best

I would never scoff at finding an extra $100 just laying around! Nice little find! :)

Recently my wife went through a stack of old mail, and found a check for about $500 that hadn't been cashed. I love free money! :D
Nice!!!!

Its a free aquarium setup 😅

Nice job @OliveFish05 for trying something new! I hope your shop does really well! You may have to link it to me once its set up 😊

It's easy to separate Duckweed from most other plants. Simply hold the plant underwater and gently wriggle it. The Duckweed will come out and float to the surface.

And if it's to sell, just send the cuttings out with a bit of Duckweed on it.

free money is the best

It's easy to separate Duckweed from most other plants. Simply hold the plant underwater and gently wriggle it. The Duckweed will come out and float to the surface.

And if it's to sell, just send the cuttings out with a bit of Duckweed on it.
tank raider 2000

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back