Starting My 77 Gallon Reef Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I got all my sand in the tank now. I have 80 pounds in there gives me a nice sand bed :D ! I would of had a pic of the tank.but on my way up to take a picture I droped my camra, and it broke :X ..so i'll get my girlfriends camra tomoro and i'll have a new updated pic! :)

thanks!

Billy

sory!! my bad.. ya your right..haha i only have 20 pounds of actual "live Sand" the other 60 pounds is just normal Agronite sand :good: ( i'am gona fix my post about that..i didn't even notic what i wrote :blush: )

as i promisted here are the pics! ( the little yellow/goldish spots you see are my x-mas tree lights)

with the pc light's on (they look blue but really there purple)
Picture001.jpg

with the mh bulbs on (not fully charged up..they get alot brighter)
tankwithsand.jpg

and this shot is with a flash
tankwithsandflash.jpg

i did the very first water test tonight! my salinity was at 1.023, the Ph was between 8.2 - 8.4, the Ammonia was between 0 - 0.25, the nitrite was 0, the nitrate was between 0 - 5

still need to lower a few things..but everyhting seams to be comming along vey nicely! :)

Billy

oh sory i forgot to add that in.. haha my temp is 79 degees F

thanks

Billy

Got some new LR for x-mas..my mom and dad gave me a big 19.7 pund piece of rock! it shaped like a cave! i love it ! and my girlfriend gave me a 3.5 pound piece of tonga branch, and a 3 pound flat rock!

here is my big 19.7 pound rock!:
Picture004.jpg

top view:
Picture005.jpg

here is the rock my gf gave me (all ecept the red rock)
Picture006.jpg

i also added most of my rock from my 30 gl that i'am taking apart..so here is a full tank shot!
Picture007-1.jpg

i have about about 37 pounds in the tank now, and about 10 more pounds in my other tank..so i have about 47 pounds now..but i'am hoping to get around 90 - 100 pounds of lr in my tank!

Yer ditto, nice over hang bit! i bet the cleaner shrimps will hang upside down in there! and fish will hide when scared. looks good prepare for the cycling now!

Ya i really like my new rock! But thats not how my tank is going to be staying.. i'am gona get 3 small to medium size piece of LR and put under the 3 coners of the big rock to make it a little higher! On the left side of my tank i'am gona have marshal, and figi rock, I dono what i'am going to do on th top of my big rock yet?? And on the right side of the tank I am going to get all tonga branch and put it everywhere! haha might sound strange..but I saw a tank done like it befor and it was one of my fav LR set ups ever!

I have about 37 pounds of figi and marshal rock already , and I want another 40 pounds of rock to = 77 pounds! And I already have about 8 pounds of tonga branch, and I want 22 more pounds to = 30 pounds of tonga!

This might seam confusing but if I get 40 more pounds of figi and marshal, and 22 more pounds of tonga, (plus the rock i already have) it will eaqual 99 pounds of LR for my tank :drool:

what do you guys think of my idea??

Good or Bad?

thanks

Sounds good to me. In my experience, the actual act of aquascaping depends largely on the shape of the rocks you choose, and even the best laid plans are thwarted and modified once the rock is in hand ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back