- Joined
- Apr 15, 2021
- Messages
- 1,696
- Reaction score
- 1,507
- Points
- 113
- Location
- Southern California, USA
Back in my early days of fish keeping I bought pool filter sand. It is a good substrate for outside tanks, where the sun gives a more natural light, and it isn’t as bright.
I went with a pure white ‘sugar’ sand for my community tank.
I think you should start giving numbers for your stocking. If you say 40 fish I am getting stressed out. You say most are tetras, but does most mean 10,20,30? If I where you this is the stock list I would use
Neon Tetra: 15
Dwarf Chain Loach: 7
Clown Killifish: 5-7
Bolivian rams: do well in groups of 6
Amani Shrimp: great cleaners, I would add 10 in a 55. They don’t do anything to the bio load.
Stiphodon Goby: Don’t know much about them except that they need an established tank, and can be hard to take care of.
Clown killifish are jumpers, so make sure to have a nice lid. Most of the fish you picked out are not beginner fish, and do require some special parameters, so warning you on that.
Good luck, I hope this helped!
I went with a pure white ‘sugar’ sand for my community tank.
I think you should start giving numbers for your stocking. If you say 40 fish I am getting stressed out. You say most are tetras, but does most mean 10,20,30? If I where you this is the stock list I would use
Neon Tetra: 15
Dwarf Chain Loach: 7
Clown Killifish: 5-7
Bolivian rams: do well in groups of 6
Amani Shrimp: great cleaners, I would add 10 in a 55. They don’t do anything to the bio load.
Stiphodon Goby: Don’t know much about them except that they need an established tank, and can be hard to take care of.
Clown killifish are jumpers, so make sure to have a nice lid. Most of the fish you picked out are not beginner fish, and do require some special parameters, so warning you on that.
Good luck, I hope this helped!







