The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brilly91

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
To start with heres my mascot for the build :D

gnome_zps111945c6.png

So today me and my dad started building my stand ready for my 48 x 24 x 18 sumped marine tank

I wont bore you all with the usual i got timbers and made a rectangle stand and then clad it. Mainly because i forgot to take pictures of those stages. :p

So heres the stand with the top,bottom, front and sides on.

stand_zps3c57773c.jpg

stand1_zps9e271769.jpg

stand2_zpscba07461.jpg

Next up is to fill all the screw and nail holes with fine filler and sand them down.

And decide on how im doing the doors, which ill most likely cut out of the front and make a timber frame for them with push open door catches.

Only thing I can say is that if that's moisture resistant MDF then make sure that you seal it well, it's, despite it's name, not brilliant in damp environments.

yer the whole things being fully sealed aswell as the bottom being lined with a damp proof membrane for any spills just to be on the safe side.

Cool, nice stand then.

Are you going for any centre bracing?

yep the front and backs being braced once ive decided what im doing door and sump wise to avoid having to cut things apart to add the sump later.

Yeah, getting sumps into existing stands is a pain.

Looking forward to the rest of this.

very nice so far shame you had no pics of the previous stages but cant w8 to see how this develops :)

Most reactions

Back