Spring has arrived!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ram419

Fishaholic
Reaction score
We had a hard freeze for a couple days this past winter in Houston. Everything is growing back nicely though! The heater I have in the pond kept the water at 65 degrees the whole time.

20240317_090713.jpg

20240317_090659.jpg

Could you have a talk with Spring, and ask it if it could creep up the east coast into Canada? So far, it has sent the Canada Geese back, which was not very nice of it. Now, it's spitting snow at us, and turning dogs into mudbeasts.
4 to 6 weeks. It's coming. The days are a touch above freezing now, and the earth is thawing.

Could you have a talk with Spring, and ask it if it could creep up the east coast into Canada? So far, it has sent the Canada Geese back, which was not very nice of it. Now, it's spitting snow at us, and turning dogs into mudbeasts.
4 to 6 weeks. It's coming. The days are a touch above freezing now, and the earth is thawing.
I will tell Spring to hurry up!

Last edited:
I saw a common housefly today, on the outside of the window looking at me. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, so I hope he's stolen a coat from someone's garbage.
Mosquito season will be soon, and the fish are waiting.
The sea is brilliant blue, as is the sky, and you can walk around in a short sleeved shirt for at least a minute. Autumn is coming!

Ugh 33 degrees here. It was nice past few days though. Yesterday was nice enough for me to spray paint some plywood I'm adding to a tank stand for a planned betta tank.

That is a really nice looking pond set up . I like your gargoyle .
Thanks! It's a dragon spitter [ Amazon ]. But, I can't seem to find a pump that would attach to the intake line. The comments on the item even mention this but I did read them before I purchased. I've had a few other spitters but they were too powerful for this small of a pond. I wanted this one because it was smaller and wouldn't move the water too much.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
9 rosey red minnows. I found out early fall last year that they can take colder and warmer temps. It's the perfect fish for the weather here.

Yay, spring.

You sit on a throne of lies!

Attachments

• IMG-20240404-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20240404-WA0006.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 10

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back