Spray Bar Question

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have bought a new external filter which came with a spray bar. I have set it all up and the spray bar is just above the water level (the tank is not filled to the top its about 4" from the fill level). The fish really seem to be loving the strong current and agitated water. however, there are a lot of tiny air bubbles in the water. Can too much air be a problem?
 
I have bought a new external filter which came with a spray bar. I have set it all up and the spray bar is just above the water level (the tank is not filled to the top its about 4" from the fill level). The fish really seem to be loving the strong current and agitated water. however, there are a lot of tiny air bubbles in the water. Can too much air be a problem?

dont hink so :)
 
I think it will be fine but you dont really need a spray bar anyway if your finding the bubbles annoying.
 
The bubbles dont really annoy me as such, but the do seem to make the tank look like it is full of "bits" but if my two guys are enjoying it and its not doing them any harm then it can stay.

Thanks
 
I have an eheim with spray bar and get the same thing but my fish seem to love it.

You can push the spray bar further down below the water level which would minimise the bubbles but I prefer it to be positioned level with the water or slightly above as I like the 'waterfall' sound it creates.

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top