Sponge Filter Placement?

Katchan

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 26, 2004
Messages
784
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Chilly Hobart, Tasmania
The filter pump on one of my all-in-one tanks died during january, replaced it with a internal power filter rated to the tank, no worries. Over the weekend I decieded to mod the filter into a pump for the original trickle filter works fine just doesnt have the throughput I'd like, and I cant afford a more powerful pump at the moment. I do however have small sponge filter, 2 most availible places to put it are 1-under the pump intake or 2-under the trickle filter outlet, So I was wondering the best place to put it for best effect, any thoughts would be great

Andrew
 
If you keep it clean, the best place would prob be right before the inlet. If you dont keep it clean it will degrade your rate of flow through as it is right by your inlet so I would say that would be good but it might add a little extra maintanance time every two or three weeks to lightly rinse off the sponge.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top