Spell Check

shrimply

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just wondered is there a spell check becuase I can't find one and I really need it.

Cheers

I would second that motion above to include some kind of spell checker on-site. I personally have to load MS Word in the background to check some of the words I want to include in, or reply to, a post.
What to you think Webmaster.
Regards
BigC

It's a great idea, but has been knocked back a few times before, for reasons I can neither remember nor care to search for.

On one of the previous occasions it was requested, someone recommended a program called IESpell, with integrates with Internet Explorer and you can get it HERE. I use it (sometimes ;) ) and it is pretty good, it's not perfect cos it's got too many American misspellings, but acceptable for normal use. It is free and just scanning the site it appears you can now set it to automatically check rather than manually as I do now :thumbs:

Arfie

Another forum that I'm a member of but never visit any more had it. When you posted, you had 3 options: Post, Preview or Spell Check. It was nice to be able to check it without haveing to copy and paste it into Word. It may be more expensive though and not offered for that reason.

Dump IE and make the switch to Firefox! It is a far superior browser plus it's very easy to add features such as spell checkers and much more to it.

Dump IE and make the switch to Firefox! It is a far superior browser plus it's very easy to add features such as spell checkers and much more to it.
I wish I could dump IE but at work we aren't allowed to download anything that isn't work related. We received an email just before Christmas saying they would be adding Microsoft SMS to all the computers at work so they can track what software we have on our them (New Federal law called Sarbanes-Oxley - can you say Big Brother) from a remote location. It also said to delete anything we had loaded or downloaded for personal reasons. So as much as I hate IE, I'm stuck with it. I use Netscape at home.

Had it, used it, got sick of the bugs and it freezing, and it using more resources than IE with the same pages loaded side by side, so I uninstalled it.

Arfie

I post in other fish forums with spell checkers. It is great to have because it is easier on the eyes. Some of the post from members on other forums look cryptic and cause headaches :S

:D

I"m sure that is a feature they'd have to pay for..and since we aren't required to pay...you can just use your Word program...it's free. :lol:

It's not hard to use word....just type out your post, then cut/paste it in Word (or better yet...just type it out in Word first) then spell check it, and cut/paste it into the forum.

Most reactions

Back