Spare Filter, Worth Putting It In My Main Tank?

justjon

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
666
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So, I have a spare small filter, that was previously used for filtering a 20L tank.

However, since scrapping that tank it now just sits in the cupboard doing nothing, and I was wondering the other day - would it be worth shoving it in my 80L tank alongside it's main pump/filter? I'm not worried about extra running cost, and I thought that it could only help improve the quality of the tank water?

Am I thinking correct or have I gone completely hoops?

Thanks! :)
 
Plus if you ever wanted to set up a 20l quarantine/hospital tank, you'd have a ready matured filter.
 
Deffinately worth doing in my opinion, as then not only will the water quality be kept stable and be very well filtered, you will have a spare filter should you ever need it and it will already be cycled.
 
thanks for all the input guys, i'll clean the filter up and put it in tommorow! :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top