Sowrdtails swiming at surface of water.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
No, temperature drop is not a fix for an algae bloom. Lighting is the main issue. Try cutting back your lighting each day, for a couple of hours)

What are your exact water parameters? We need the exact results, in order to properly help you.

Well I am not an expert that's why I ask questions like this in the aqurium store. they told me my tank is fine. This is the same aqurium shop that has remained open when there is a lockdown. Not good

And the lower temperature is better for algae control right?
Not sure it's much of a factor as we can see significant algae in cold water streams, ponds, and lakes, although some algae's tend to 'bloom' in warmer temps. Generally though, algae is more a matter of light and nutrients.

Well I am not an expert that's why I ask questions like this in the aqurium store. they told me my tank is fine. This is the same aqurium shop that has remained open when there is a lockdown. Not good
Pet stores are in the 2nd tier, I guess so pet foods can still be purchased.
Many well meaning pet store employee's are not fishkeepers so rely on sketchy training, often by someone who was trained by someone that didn't know much either. And then too, I once heard an experienced employee tell a customer that she couldn't grow live plants in sand (I came so close to correcting her). In hindsight, I'm guessing she meant fine sand but didn't clarify. In any case, you have to take the advice of pet store employee's with a grain of salt. Then too, the same holds true for info on the internet. Everyone, no matter how well meaning, looks through a lens that may or may not present the best view :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back