South Wales

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i,d be interested in joining as we just bought a tank again after years as used to have fish before

I'm Swansea too....Gorseinon. We have loads of lfs, around here. I find world of aquatics needing updating, their tanks leak, but the info is good from there. There is also maidenhead aquatics ( one in wyevale, and the iother on the same centre as pontarddulais garden centre) there are 3 p@H if you have transport, and a few in gorseinon ( Pets ahead, and gorseinon aquatics in the market)if any of you want to contact me, [email protected] My full name is Jayne DAllimore on facebook. should you contact me plz let me know who you are, that you are off here and your name from here. thanks, if you do know of any aquarist clubs
Im On Gower so not to far away.
aquatics supplies wales in fforestfach is the best place in the area, i'll go nowhere else these days

I'm Swansea too....Gorseinon. We have loads of lfs, around here. I find world of aquatics needing updating, their tanks leak, but the info is good from there. There is also maidenhead aquatics ( one in wyevale, and the iother on the same centre as pontarddulais garden centre) there are 3 p@H if you have transport, and a few in gorseinon ( Pets ahead, and gorseinon aquatics in the market)if any of you want to contact me, [email protected] My full name is Jayne DAllimore on facebook. should you contact me plz let me know who you are, that you are off here and your name from here. thanks, if you do know of any aquarist clubs
aquatics supplies wales in fforestfach is the best place in the area, i'll go nowhere else these days

Im from morriston, swansea

I second aquatic supplies wales in fforestfach, its owned by a school mate of mine.

Im from morriston, swansea

I second aquatic supplies wales in fforestfach, its owned by a school mate of mine.

I know amazing shop with a great, helpful and knowledgeable bunch of guys working there.
Wouldnt recommend Maidenhead aquatics at bont garden centre as they actively advise fish-in cycling (i also got told by the on in wyvale that I wouldnt need a water test kit until a few weeks had passed). That maybe a little harsh as it is a large well stocked and kitted out shop.

I popped into Aquatic Supplies on Sunday and when I mentioned doing a fishless cycle the chap looked at me stupid! (a tall skinny lad) he was very friendly and that but basically told me to run the tank for a few days and put some hardy fish in. I've decided against that and going to start the fishless cycle this weekend (hopefully, if i get a free day to wash gravel, fill tank etc!). In my extremely limited opinion maidenhead in Wyvale Llansamlet seems the best around as their tanks seem spotless and the staff are very friendly with plenty of advice imo :) (which I say again is extremely limited!!!).

Alright guys and gals , big what's occurring fro
Cardiff lol , good to see that us there is plenty of local knowledge on here and some places that can be recommend .
Right just to let you know been keeping fish for ten years now
Started with community fish
Then kept and breed Malawis
And now have some Bruts south American ( oscars , jaguar and red bay snook ) in my tank there being re housed to a new home for them in the next few weeks if I can find a decent scond hand 6x2x2 going for a decent price.
Will get some pics up very soon of my past and present tanks
All the best
Chris

Hello,I'm in Carmarthen. Bought a 90 litre tank from leekes in cross hands and added some fish on their advice,didn't know about fish less cycling until now as I haven't had a tank for 15 years! It's taking forever,still only showing amonia and nothing else.haven't been back there since.

I would be interested in a tropical fish club if there are any around, im from the edge of the Rhondda and myself have restarted a tank after many years.

I'm in the Vale of Glamorgan and keep Malawi haps/peacocks and Tanganyikans. Would also be interested in a local club or anyone else interested in exchanging tips and fish on occasion. :)

There is a club that meets in Port Talbot, they have an annual show that's coming up next month :good:

Hi I`m from swansea and have been to the shops you mentioned also the Fish n things (model shop ) is very good in Skewen.. I wouldn't buy any from the one in gorseinon market their tanks never look clean , they used to keep birds, reptiles and small pets but they were never cleaned out and they either had no water or stinking water. They were reported by quiet a few people.Hence they don't keep them anymore
The world of aquatics has new premises and its been refurbished and tanks look spotless .

where is the one in forestfach?

having been to
world of aqauatics
pets at home
weyvale(maidenhead)
pontardulais garden centre (maidenhead)
zoahs

i have found world of aquatics the best so far

have read about the port talbot club,, maybe worth a look

Most reactions

trending

Staff online