Sorry looking Amazon frogbit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Gypsum

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I got some Amazon frogbit a couple months ago, and it was doing well and growing, but after I shifted everyone to a 240L tank about two-three weeks ago, it has seemngly deteriorated. The roots are shorter than they were and it isn't proliferating. All the other plants (planted ones) in the aquarium look reasonably happy.

Any idea what's going on? I'm running a Fluval Aquasky light and I put Seachem Flourish into the tank once per week with a water change.

Floating plants are commonly used for (amongst other things) taking up nitrates in the water column. Perhaps your new tank doesn't have enough nitrates to sustain them.

I got some Amazon frogbit a couple months ago, and it was doing well and growing, but after I shifted everyone to a 240L tank about two-three weeks ago, it has seemngly deteriorated. The roots are shorter than they were and it isn't proliferating. All the other plants (planted ones) in the aquarium look reasonably happy.

Any idea what's going on? I'm running a Fluval Aquasky light and I put Seachem Flourish into the tank once per week with a water change.

This is a common occurrence with many plants. They do not like being moved to a new environment. I had 8 tanks running in my fish room, and even with identical lighting, water, fertilizing, fish loads...moving a floating plant frequently caused it to take a downturn. I would suggest this is most likely the issue here. And you mention a change in lighting (if I read correctly) so give the plants time to adjust, and lighting changes can be very impacting.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back