Something Interesting For A 7 Gall Planted?

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
Next week, I should have a 7 gall tank free :)
I'm thinking I might go for a small planted tank and I'll go over to that forum for advice on that, but I'm wondering what fish to put in it. I'm thinking either a little shoal or a pair of something. The tank is an 18" long.
I don't like any of the micro rasbora things (mosquito etc) I love endlers but already have them in another tank. I could have a betta and I may go with that, but I already have 2 tanks for them (poss. 3 if my eBaying goes well tonight :D) so I'd like to try something different.
Would have to be colourful and fairly easy to keep and interesting.
I'm not that bothered about breeding and it might actually prove to be a problem as I don't have a big tank to grow them in.
Would sparkling gouramis or gertrude's blue eyes work?
 
Dwarf Puffers? OR 2-3 Honey Gouramis?
 
I'm thinking more minimalist planting than I think puffers require, The honeys might work though, thanks :)
Also, what about killifish? I saw these, which look gorgeous. Searching on here finds threads mostly about breeding them though, not what's required to just keep them.
 
a dwarf puffer and a few otto's. got to make sure water quality is spot on though.
 
I'm thinking more minimalist planting than I think puffers require, The honeys might work though, thanks :)
Also, what about killifish? I saw these, which look gorgeous. Searching on here finds threads mostly about breeding them though, not what's required to just keep them.

Those look great, if you could find them.
 
I think I saw them in a LFS recently but they wren't labelled. They are really colourful!
 
I've just bought a 7 gal (coincidence?) and will put in 3 Honeys - heavily planted
 
i'd divide it in 2 and get 2 more male bettas lol

otherwise - sparking gouramis a group of 6 would look lovely in there or the blue eys possilbly 4 - 3males and a female
 
Here is a Comprehensive Index of fish for a Nano >>> Minifish
 
Thanks for the ideas :) I think I'm leaning towards the gourami/blue eyes. I'm hoping I can talk H into letting me have this new tank, as it will just be planted (for a while anyway ;))
 
Would sparkling gouramis or gertrude's blue eyes work?


I'm no blue eye expert, but you could definately keep a few of them in a 7 gallon planted tank as they only get 1 to 1 1/2 inches full adult size. Remember more females than males, good food with lots of veggies, and large waterchanges weekly!

They have loads of personality when courting the females and are fun to watch.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top