Something Has Killed My Trumpet Snails

Well liquid carbon isn't a fertiliser so you can still dose fertilisers without harm. We're really going off topic here but you usually have P deficiency, not excess :/ But I may be wrong lol
The info I found for the darkening of leaf edges is phosphate excess, cannot find any other reason for it on the internet. And seeing as my fish are pooping machines...

Dark Veins are often and most commonly a Magnesium deficiency nothing to do with excess phosphate. If the leaves are reabsorbing and going mushy and transparent then it would be a phosphate Deficiency.

Back to the original thread topic: I really wonder if it was just the betta and rams that picked at them. Have you found the shells yet?

If it helps, I have been dosing Excel and TPN+ in my tank for almost 1 year and my snails seem fine, I have MTS and Pink Ramshornes and various shrimp that have never been effected by my dosing regime.

My Betta does like to eat MTS but only very small ones.

No no shells but I haven't gone digging yet either I'm gonna do a water change in a mo so I'll have a look

Most reactions

Back