SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MOLLY MIGHT EXPLODE

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Yasminv777

Reaction score
IM NOT KIDDING! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! IM ABOUT TO CRY I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IVE TRIED EVERYTHING! My molly fish is very very sick I believe. She is 3 times a normal molly fish! Her stomach is huge and no she is not pregnant, I dont over feed, I do water changes I have other molly fish that are normal one even had babies. Both this one molly fish is so big her scales stay up like permanently because she is so round they dont cover her body! She is female she is black and orange and her name is pumpkin

It may be dropsy. Someone more knowledgeable about that problem will respond soon. Meanwhile do a 75 % water change with dechlorinated water.

Is your tank cycled? Did you test for ph, gh, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? if you did, post those results her.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Any chance of a picture of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

--------------------------
If the scales are sticking out sideways from the body, then the fish has dropsy, which is an internal infection and there's no cure. A picture will confirm that. If it is dropsy, the best thing to do is euthanise the fish. You can wrap it in a couple of paper towels and hit it on the head with something solid.
Warning, fish with dropsy often pop when hit so make sure you put some paper towels over it.

I more humane (or should I say less traumatic for the human) way to euthanize is to put them in a cup of water in the freezer, they get cold fast and fall asleep with no pain

That is not an approved way, the fish suffers quite badly. The only 'good' ways are to kill the fish by putting in it a paper towel and hitting with something hard, or by putting it to sleep with clove oil/alcohol mix or an overdose a recognised veterinary anaesthetic.

I use the clove oil thing

I more humane (or should I say less traumatic for the human) way to euthanize is to put them in a cup of water in the freezer, they get cold fast and fall asleep with no pain
I’m sorry, but they do feel pain with this method and is not a wise choice to use.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back