Some information you may not know

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello!:)

I am taking a marine biology class in school, so I thought I might share with you some sciency info you may not know that I learned.
1. study of fish=ichthyology
2.The order that Livebearers are in (guppy,molly,swordtail,platy) is called chrypinodontoformes. I donā€™t know if I spelled that right. Itā€™s a weird word.
3. study of algae=phycology
4.gouramis and bettas are related

thatā€™s all I got... for now. Thanks for your time. Hope you learned something new that you probably didnā€™t need to know! Lol.:fish::lol:

Hello!:)

I am taking a marine biology class in school, so I thought I might share with you some sciency info you may not know that I learned.
1. study of fish=ichthyology
2.The order that Livebearers are in (guppy,molly,swordtail,platy) is called chrypinodontoformes. I donā€™t know if I spelled that right. Itā€™s a weird word.
3. study of algae=phycology
4.gouramis and bettas are related

thatā€™s all I got... for now. Thanks for your time. Hope you learned something new that you probably didnā€™t need to know! Lol.:fish::lol:
My dream job was to be a marine biologist. Until I realised I have a brain the size of the pea. Good luck with your studies!

My dream job was to be a marine biologist. Until I realised I have a brain the size of the pea. Good luck with your studies!
By keeping fish you are already studying marine biology at home. Read books, do courses part time online, observe things in the wild. You could also study aquaculture, which is easier than marine biology but still gives you lots of information about aquatic animal husbandry.

Most reactions

Back