Some Help On Piranhas

AshleyT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does any body know the minimum size for a small school of piranhas would be and were I could buy them from?

Around 75 gal preferably more when small. School of 5+ (the more the better as the hunt in large groups in the wild and it's the same in a tank) 100 - 120 gal when they get bigger. If you were to get more than 5 then a bigger tank will be needed. They can get to a chunky 12 inches each and are very messy eaters so you would need a filter capably of turning over at least 3-4 times the tanks water volume and preform a 30-40% water change weekly with a vacuum/syphon. You can get them Trimar, they are based in Cornwall but also do a mailing service to mainland uk for £12.95 (Trimar.co.uk).. The piranhas themselves go for around £6 each on there at a very small size. Full stock list and prices are in the website. I got my snakeheads from there, excellent service. Ordered 11am got them 10 am the next day. You will need to call them to place an order and call before 12pm for a next day delivery and they deliver between 8-12pm Tuesday through to Friday

Cheers for the info mate really helpful

I crnt seem to find any on that website were abouts are they under

When you go onto the website click on tropical fish, then tropical fish stockist, then scroll down. They are under tetras. They are £4.49 each. I just been on there. That's cheaper than a week back when I looked

red bellies are pretty easy to get hold of and most fish shops can get you tehm in on there orders

i kept 9 once in my 150gallon tank and have to say they make a pretty boring set up and require loads of upkeep due to the messiness of the feeding and nature of the food they eat

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back