Solid Oak Fish Cabinets

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Spanerman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Right, today whilst visiting my local maidenhead aquatics in Cardiff we spotted several solid oak cabinets. When we got home we set about researching them and tried to see if we could find them online, could anyone shed light on the manufacturer and any online stockists?

Regards, Sam.

Thank, but they do not appear to be the correct ones, the ones we spotted were more of a ''solid'' look with visable end grains ect and a more bulky look.

Sam.

i've seen them in my local MA as well, they looked very well made to me :)

they were quite expensive but you pay for quality

Thank, but they do not appear to be the correct ones, the ones we spotted were more of a ''solid'' look with visable end grains ect and a more bulky look.

Sam.

aye i dont think the ones you were thinking about were on there, did they have a wine rack [that might just be mine] but they can be custom made? if so then that definitely seashell

solid oak? you sure they not oak laminate? it would look the same from the exterior.
with a solid oak cabinet your talking quite a bit of cash, and this is coming from a cabinet maker.
i dont see many solid wood aquarium stands knocking about, especially at a maidenhead aquatics, if you could get one at a reasonable price then id get it!
what size tank is it for and what sort of price is it??

Dave

solid oak? you sure they not oak laminate? it would look the same from the exterior.
with a solid oak cabinet your talking quite a bit of cash, and this is coming from a cabinet maker.
i dont see many solid wood aquarium stands knocking about, especially at a maidenhead aquatics, if you could get one at a reasonable price then id get it!
what size tank is it for and what sort of price is it??

Dave

The bigest one was 72'' and was for sale at £999, and was 100% solid oak, around 1'' thick timber on the lid :drool:

I am lucky enough to have a solid oak cabinate, it is monsterously heavy. I cannot take the lid off without my husbands help. The weight is increadible. I would bare that in mine if you get one to make sure your floor can take the weight.

^yeah it would be downstairs on solid concrete flooring in my parents living room :)

I had a look at them at our local MA - but it was the instruction pack that said - not to get it wet!!! Thought that might be a bit tricky with the way I do my water changes, I always end up losing the end of the gravel vac and spurting it back up the cabinet!!!!

But they looked really well made.

I have seen these at 2 local Maidenheads to me. It was a pity it was after I bought my tank and cabinet as I would have been very temped as my other furniture is all solid oak. They look very nice and appear to be well made, the ones I looked at were branded "bespoak oak furniture". Although my mfc cabinet doesn't stick out, it still would have looked a little more classy in oak. In relative terms they aren't a bad price either.

I have just put the 110cm one on order (the one with the wine rack). They told me that the tank is made by Seashell, but the cabinet is made of oak sourced from Germany, that is sent out to Vietnam to be made into a cabinet, especially for MH. Not so good for the carbon footprint, but pretty good value for money. I intend to oil mine regularly, which should mean it is OK when it gets wet. My 70ltr tank is currently on a solid oak table and that regularly gets a good splashing during water changes. I just rub olive oil into it once a month :eek:)

I've got the 110cm one.

I've posted an article about it here: http://www.warmfish.com/my-tank/kit/49-my-new-tank.html

Martin

I have seen various options in different M A shops. They are indeed solid oak (although not English Oak I gather) and are fabulous!

The really big one with all doors (rather than the wine rack) for a grand is my dream as we have a bit of solid oak furniture already.

i have searched these online and can't find them. In there catalogue the have a solid oak corner tank, i have really thought about getting one £450 for 190 litres. The only thing is they don't have them in the shops and don't have pics of them. I have asked if they could provide me a pic via email, but hey they can't. So they lost out on a sale. They custom make them, and it takes 4/6 weeks to make. I can't risk £450 if they look rubbish.

The big tanks are great though!

I like the one with the wine rack. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Back