Soil For Tank Substrate?

always4lora

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Cumbria
Hi' guys,

I'm getting sick of tidying my tank daily were all the Royal Plec poop makes a mess so i was wondering if you can get like compost or something for a substrate? i'd imagine it'd make it easier to grow plants and hide the poop a little and look more natural. My PH in the water's normally fairly high , around 8 when i last checked so not sure if it'd change that or not . Any ideas?

Cheers Ben
 
I'm sure I've heard of ppl using soil as a substrate but it has always been capped with sand. I have a feeling that it would make your water dirty, especially with the pelcs moving it around all the time...

How about some gravel instead, it's alot easier to clean and it's harder to see fish waste in it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top