So Much Poop!

tennis4you

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
USA - Ohio
I changed from gravel to sand on Saturday. It is a 30g tank with 7 neon tetra, 3 small dainos and 2 other tetra. All very small. Now that I changed to sand you can see the fishie poop. But the biggest problemo is the amount of poop. I swear there must be 500 piece of poop on the sand since Saturday. I cleaned it yesterday and today there is just a ton more again.

What do sand users do to combat this? Clean the substrate every few days?
 
At first mine built up quite quikly and it was very noticeable, after a few weeks my plants grew in alot and they seem to shield the sand which stays pretty clean :) my advice would be to stick in plenty of wood/rocks/plants and minimise the amount of sand exposed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top