So Many Babies

Mine are very active whenever I approach the tank, wish I could get better photos but they swim around the front of the tank. The fry are usually hiding in and around the castle. These photos are not as good but shows how they get excited to see me-I am sure it is all about food.

Attachments

• GEDC1346.JPG
    GEDC1346.JPG
    979.2 KB · Views: 101
  • GEDC1348.JPG
    GEDC1348.JPG
    889.7 KB · Views: 135
  • GEDC1351.JPG
    GEDC1351.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 129
Mine are very active whenever I approach the tank, wish I could get better photos but they swim around the front of the tank. The fry are usually hiding in and around the castle. These photos are not as good but shows how they get excited to see me-I am sure it is all about food.
They are terrible beggars!!
received_874263759716204.jpeg

For some reason all my fish decide to spawn during lockdown lol

First my DG pair, which due to moving the fry, that spawn failed.
Then my platy dropped 40 fry (currently have 39 in the grow out as of this post)

Now today i find eggs in the floating plastic plants in one of my 20gs... my trilineatus corydoras have spawned.

Wish me luck. The platy fry are doing fantastic. But cory fry are even smaller. Got about 4 viable eggs that werent eaten or fungused. I put them in a perforated container with an airstone and alder cone.

View attachment 105000View attachment 105002View attachment 105003
They just want you around before spawning... You're their trigger... :yahoo:
Hey, now I can see you LOTR tank... :good:

I wish I had the right GH for livebearers. I would love to see that process and to raise fry... :(

I wish I had the right GH for livebearers. I would love to see that process and to raise fry... :(
I thought i did as everyone here says our water was great for them... checked our numbers and theyre too low. So the main community with livebearers i added about 2 tablespoons of cichlid sand to the play sand substrate and they seem to do a bit better.

But after the ones i got pass on, i wont be adding more, even though i love them a lot.

My gH range for my area sits 90-150ppm, averaging around 140ppm.

I wish i knew before, instead of going by what everyone says here.

Yes, same thing with my GH... :/

I guess for now, i'll just keep on with non livebearers. :good:

I'm pretty sure I have this.. "120 - 180 hard"

(I got that off of my water providers website. My water providers are dull when it comes to me asking what my GH and KH are...)

The trouble with words is that water providers use different words than fish keepers for the same GH. Mine says mine is slightly hard at 5 dH. Fish keepers call that soft.
120 to 180 ppm is 6.7 to 10 dH. That is soft at the low end to slightly hard at the top end.

The trouble with words is that water providers use different words than fish keepers for the same GH. Mine says mine is slightly hard at 5 dH. Fish keepers call that soft.
120 to 180 ppm is 6.7 to 10 dH. That is soft at the low end to slightly hard at the top end.
Yup, mine lists 90-150ppm as "moderately hard"
I still get hard water stains though where water dries haha

Yup, mine lists 90-150ppm as "moderately hard"
I still get hard water stains though where water dries haha
Me too, but mine is 1dgh and less than 22ppm

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back