So I got this for 30 bucks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Update on the tank, currently have it laid out, have 2 heaters running in it to help bring up the temps faster. A tetra whisper 30/60 on it. Just letting it do itā€™s things and come up to temp. Overall tank is okay, the silicone does have some spots that have lifted, however the actual corner beads which it seals is intact. Tank is full. No leaks...yet. I put the stress coat plus in overnight and this morning added QuickStart and tossed the zebra fish in about an hour later to help jumpstart things. Now an hour or so later Heā€™s showing Some signs of stress but Iā€™m hopeful for him. Not sure why, as I only threw him in to Use a guinea pig. He seems to be panting sometimes at the bottom Which I assume is high stress, being netted from one tank and tossed into another lol. then at other times he swims about, actually watched him play in the bubble stone for about 5 minutes.

Another update on tank, zebra cichlid is no longer with us...however he isnā€™t dead lol. I have a friend who is a big aquarium guy, he actually uses a massive one as main part of his decor..unsure how many gallons but the tank Iā€™d say is 5 or 6 feet long...anyway he was over later the day I put the cichlid in for the potential sacrifice and asked about why I had that lone cichlid in that big tank and the others in the smaller tank And I explained to him about the tank and how I got it, and also why the cichlid is in there lol. He has a few aquariums one being a breeder tank for all of his feeder fish for food then another small tank for new fish when he restocks his feeder tank. He said the cichlid would probably be near dead by then if there was still bleach or whatever in the tank so he offered me a trade to help speed up my cycle.. I now have 10 feeder goldfish, an adjustable heater he let me borrow which he set to 76 degrees and he let me have one of his whole bio media foams...said donā€™t ever do this straight from the pet store, thatā€™s why he had a quarantine tank as quite a few of the feeders he gets are sickly and bleaching and cleaning a 40 gallon breeder tank sucks...but goldfish being tough and extra messy will help get the tank matured up fast with his foam... Unsure if heā€™s right or not about cycling with goldfish however the tank bloomed within 8 hours with the matured foam and goldfish and already cleared...going to test water today

Sound like a great bargain but the cleaning his daughter did to the tank worries me. I had several zebra cichlids years ago, they took over my 55 gallon tank. My daughter gave them to me and they kept having babies until I had 50+. I gave away all that I could.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back