So I Found A 20 - 25 Gallon Tank.

piranha_tim

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Points
0
So I found a 20 - 25 Gallon tank ...
Someone just left it for garbage but it cleaned up perfectly.
Filled with water and seals seem to be good.

I am not sure If I measured it correctly Length 29.5, Width 12.5 and 13.5 height.

I know my options for fish are limited but anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
 
plants and black tetras, tho you will need decent lighting , maybe co2, but have a look on the PFK wesite, and see some of George farmers tanks, they will take your breath away
 
Could I put convicts, Mollies or fancy guppies in the tank? (just seeing what kind of breeding fish I can sneak in there)
 
Could I put convicts, Mollies or fancy guppies in the tank? (just seeing what kind of breeding fish I can sneak in there)

would make a nice endler tank :good: NOTTTT convicts though please :D
 
Here is my list.

1 Angel or 1 Blue Ram.
5 Neon Tetras
5 Fancy Guppies (4 females 1 male.)

Thats what I am thinking for a start.

And if need be I have a little buddy in a 75Gallon who would love to help control the populous of the tank if over crowding occurs (which is almost a givin with the Guppies).

How does that sound?
 
Here is my list.

1 Angel or 1 Blue Ram.
5 Neon Tetras
5 Fancy Guppies (4 females 1 male.)

Thats what I am thinking for a start.

And if need be I have a little buddy in a 75Gallon who would love to help control the populous of the tank if over crowding occurs (which is almost a givin with the Guppies).

How does that sound?

Not an angel, its too small for an angel
 
Second the above opinion, but the rest looks good :good:

The angel is also a nippy fish when its mature, so the gippies tails would be at risk with one in there :/

Mebe try some dwarf corries for the bottom insead?

All the best
Rabbut
 
The stocking list minus the angel sounds so pretty and colourful
 
Is the Blue Ram ok? Minus the Size ... but it's still Nippy I believe isn't it?
 
Blue ram are a dwarf Cichlid, and are very placid. You get the odd rogue that will pin everthing, including adult 15cm long discus, into a corner and not let them move, but these are a very rare exception, not the rule.

In a 20g, you could have two pairs quite hapily; the guide is one pair per 10g, assuming you can break the lines of sight up such that they cannont see each other across the tank :good:

Rams are sencitive to nitrate and also require mature tanks. Try to keep nitrate below 50ppm for them, though they can be aclimated to higher :nod: I'd also wait untill you have had fish in the tank for 6 months before adding them :good:

HTH
Rabbut
 
How about this ...

5 Neon Tetras
5 Fancy Guppies (1 male 4 females) or could I get away with 2 males 3 females?
2 Cardinals
1 Gold fish

Thats what I am thinking.

How does that sound?
 
How about this ...

5 Neon Tetras
5 Fancy Guppies (1 male 4 females) or could I get away with 2 males 3 females?
2 Cardinals
1 Gold fish

Thats what I am thinking.

How does that sound?

Goldfish? :blink: No.
Why only have 2 cardinals and not have 7 neons instead or 7 cardinals. Confusing stocking list. It sounded better before.
 
Ha ha ... what i am trying to do is get a little variation in the tank.

I don't want to over stock.

Ok what about this

5 Neons
5 Fancy guppies
4 Cardinals
1 snail

Would that work?
 
Ha ha ... what i am trying to do is get a little variation in the tank.

I don't want to over stock.

Ok what about this

5 Neons
5 Fancy guppies
4 Cardinals
1 snail

Would that work?

Sounds good. Maybe you could add panda/bandit corydoras for a little more variation.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top