Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Tell me about Guppies.
I know 2 things:
1. They are beautiful
2. I hear they breed like crazy
Tell me more!!!

They went after my ghost shrimp when they molt. They seem to get along with other fish. They are fairly cheap and the males generally look nicer than the females ;) The plain ones are sold as feeder fish.

There are several ways to sex them. The most obvious are color and the anal fins.
173A657D-991B-4DD4-A9E4-95A2A15E2CB8.jpeg
1056DA11-3828-4651-8AFB-72FE9242F931.jpeg

What else about Guppies? Alone, in groups, compatability, food? Do the prefer classical music? Rock music, country?
Red or white? Tell me all!

They went after my ghost shrimp when they molt. They seem to get along with other fish. They are fairly cheap and the males generally look nicer than the females ;) The plain ones are sold as feeder fish.
I could have done without the last sentence, says the one who squeals with glee as her puffer joyfully accepts her snail offerings

The ones I bought were feeder guppies because I was doing a silent cycle on my 30 gallon shrimp tank and need some fish since shrimp have such a small Bio-load, I didn't realize they gave me 1 male and 7 females until it was too late:S

The way they reproduce they must like being in a crowd. :fish:I feed them simple fish food
I am leading up to a major question I am hesitant to ask....
I am not interested in getting any more fish.
I am stretched beyond my limits tank-wise. Time-wise and emotionally-wise.

BUT, alas, I have an empty tank. I will be shutting one down, I guess, UNLESS...

Guppy + Danio = ?

Guppies are hard water fish. If you have soft water they won't live as long as they should.

Females can give birth to fry for up to six months after last being in a tank with a male as they can store sperm.

With mixed sexes there should be more males than females as males have one track minds, and with more females, each female gets time out while the males chase another.

Guppies are hard water fish. If you have soft water they won't live as long as they should.

Females can give birth to fry for up to six months after last being in a tank with a male as they can store sperm.

With mixed sexes there should be more males than females as males have one track minds, and with more females, each female gets time out while the males chase another.
I was thinking about getting 2 or three, I don't want a lot more, but that is good info.
Thanks!

Tank mate wise danios and guppies will be fine. Both peaceful :)
What if it is just ONE Danio and 2 or 3 male guppies and a very active Mystery Snail in a 6 gallon?
I think I'm just worried since its just 1 Danio would he pick on the Guppies?
Are Guppies pretty fast and active?
Sorry but I really don't know much about them, Danios or Guppies actually!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back