FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I know a lot of people probably get a heckin lot more snow than me, but this sucks.
Where I live (Western Wa, United States) we don't get snow very often. When we do it isn't usually a problem because it is just a fraction of an inch or it is gone by the next day. It will snow continuously for about 4 days. That wouldn't be a problem except that I didn't see a single snow plow or truck with salt out.
Just to get home from work last night I had to drive almost 30 miles on the freeway at about 35 MPH and almost spun out 3 times. My car is an itty bitty 2 wheel drive, it doesn't go over snow it pushes it. I ended up following a semi most of the way home, letting him sort of clear a path for me. Even then I slid a bit.. When we had just a forecast of snow last year they had snowplows out in herds and they weren't needed. Now they are nowhere to be seen.

Sorry for the rant but it is very frustrating, and now I can't go to the pet store... I'll just hole up in my apartment all weekend. If my boss wants me to work, he'll have to come pick me up.
It had started snowing about 10 hrs before this video, but had only started to stick an hour and a half before my drive home.
Driving Home 2/11/2021

I know a lot of people probably get a heckin lot more snow than me, but this sucks.
Where I live (Western Wa, United States) we don't get snow very often. When we do it isn't usually a problem because it is just a fraction of an inch or it is gone by the next day. It will snow continuously for about 4 days. That wouldn't be a problem except that I didn't see a single snow plow or truck with salt out.
Just to get home from work last night I had to drive almost 30 miles on the freeway at about 35 MPH and almost spun out 3 times. My car is an itty bitty 2 wheel drive, it doesn't go over snow it pushes it. I ended up following a semi most of the way home, letting him sort of clear a path for me. Even then I slid a bit.. When we had just a forecast of snow last year they had snowplows out in herds and they weren't needed. Now they are nowhere to be seen.

Sorry for the rant but it is very frustrating, and now I can't go to the pet store... I'll just hole up in my apartment all weekend. If my boss wants me to work, he'll have to come pick me up.
It had started snowing about 10 hrs before this video, but had only started to stick an hour and a half before my drive home.
Driving Home 2/11/2021
Be careful. Not worth risking your life.

we have a bit of snow but not a great deal. we are lucky where we are as snow mostly always misses us out.
I live 3/4 miles from Manchester city centre so we are well sheltered.
Manchester does not really do to bad with bad weather, We are quite well surrounded

We don't even have plows. If we do, I've never seen them.
I remember seeing plows whenever we even had a bit of snow when I was a kid. I know a couple of years ago the state basically said "every man for himself" so a lot of small towns like the one I used to live in never had any maintenance.

That wouldn't be a problem except that I didn't see a single snow plow or truck with salt out.
I live in western NY, lake effect snow country. Sometimes they just have to manage their resources ie: snowplows and drivers. If it is snowing heavily all night, they may wait until a few hours before the morning commute before sending out everything they have.

I live in western NY, lake effect snow country. Sometimes they just have to manage their resources ie: snowplows and drivers. If it is snowing heavily all night, they may wait until a few hours before the morning commute before sending out everything they have.
That is a little reassuring. They haven't done any of the roads in the city yet, unfortunately.

Our gritter guys are normally out every night when its cold. Before it hits freezing they have gritted all the major roads in all the towns. We only have to travel short distances so not too bothered. I work less than 2 miles from home & there are no end of shops & major supermarkets. We have 3 on the doorstep. I guess im lucky.
But no we didnt buy all the toilet rolls during first lockdown ?

I live about 30 miles from work. Don't mind the drive most days, turn on an audio book. In this weather, I won't drive to work. They want me to work, they send someone with 4 wheel drive and snow tires.

It's been a weirdly dry winter here. We usually get a lot of snow, but only a couple snowstorms this year. Pretty much everybody here has four wheel drive and/or knows how to drive on snow, so even when the plows don't get out it isn't a big deal. It's all just what you're used to. Snowstorms don't phase me, but the rain in the northwest or in England, and the heat and humidity most other places, is pretty hard for me to take. And coping with big city crowds? Forget it. :eek:

It’s not snow for me; it’s ice, even worse.

The hill was so terrible at our house that only the 4-wheel truck could get up it. I slipped several times in the yard and at work.

I hope you guys stay safe out there, it’s crazy...

I can drive in rain all day long. Heck, I probably drive in the rain more than anything else. Also, we finally had plows out today! But we also are up to about 7 in of snow.

We have nothing here at all now.
The very small amount of snow we had dissapeared overnight, Woke up to Sunshine & a few degrees up.
We do have an icy wind though that takes your breath away & makes it feel much colder

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back