Snow Trouble

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Forestpisces

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok so i'm an art student and it really sucks not being able to get to class or having classes called off due to the snow.This morning for instance i got up got dressed did my hair threw some make-up on, grabbed my portfolio and made the tretcherous journy to the bus stop (sadly no money to drive just yet -_- ) and when i got there i was told that no classes were running today. Well thats just great :grr: , so for today it's just me the fish and my dog in the house, stranded by the snow. Buisness down at the shop is painfully slow as people wont brave the snow and are just having to sit it out at home. But all that aside i have to say i've been lucky with my fish as aside from a few glow lights a few weeks back i've had no deaths or power cuts (fingers crossed) like some parts of the country have. I'm in Halifax west yorkshire, is anyone else having snow related troubles?

Yes, I have had to miss at least 3 days off work due to the snow as I also take the bus into work and they were not running, I also work in a shop and business is pretty dire too :sad:

the snow is a bit of a bonus for me as all last week we couldnt work 100%. i drive a domestic refuse truck so we cant get down the back streets to collect the rubbish, the bonus part is that because there is 2x as much rubbish this wek its double pay all week until its cleared up :hyper:
if we get more snow then it rolls over and so on........ come on snow!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not all fun and games though as 2 people fell last week in the ice and 1 broke a rib and 1 has damaged his leg and in now on crutches :crazy:

Im in the states and we are freezing over here! I'm originally from the south and moved north years ago and I hate the snow. Right now, I'd rather have snow then negative temps. At least when we get snow are temps begin climbing somewhat!! :blink:

Seems to have stopped in these parts now (essex).

Shame as I wanted an excuse not to go to work.

Pull it together you wimps! How do you think we deal in Canada?!

...Oh who am I kidding-- the most we get in Vancouver is a few feet!

I wouldn't be so quick to judge, you're prepared for it, we're not, we have run out of salt, where as you haven't plus the fact that you have snow ploughs, and we don't, not in my area anyway.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge, you're prepared for it, we're not, we have run out of salt, where as you haven't plus the fact that you have snow ploughs, and we don't, not in my area anyway.

I double this!
Our gov has decided to cut down on gritting our roads to try and conserve the salt, I mean, it's not like we live on a sodding island surrounded by water is it...oh wait.

I've been to Canada and yes, you do get a lot of snow, but you get it yearly, where as we get it once every decade or so lol.

Yes this country is ill prepared for snow in any way/shape or form,but same as everything,you would go to south africa to visit our mod ludwig and more than likely complain its too hot,where ludwig would laugh at you,or my friend in saudi,temps way up in the 40+c and he laughs when we moan its too hot here..

yep, the mother in law is here from calgary and she does not understand what all the fuss is about, to her its is warm

Yes this country is ill prepared for snow in any way/shape or form,but same as everything,you would go to south africa to visit our mod ludwig and more than likely complain its too hot,where ludwig would laugh at you,or my friend in saudi,temps way up in the 40+c and he laughs when we moan its too hot here..
but we wouldnt be brits without having a good old moan now would we...... :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back