Snakes!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

fishnterrapins

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Am currently toying with the idea, and doing some research into, owning a python of some sort (preferably a royal python if possible.) I've worked with them in the past about 3 or 4 years ago and that was in a zoo so I don't know much about keeping them at home. Any advice to add to my research (even the most basic things) would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Royals are becoming very popular snakes at the moment.
As long as you have the setup exact with the right temperatures etc and get a CB royal all will go well,They dont like large vivs and you have to be ready for the Royal hunger strike :crazy: .Mine stopped eating for 5 months last year after 4 years of never missing a feed and gawd its stressfull but its what royals can do

Yep, Royals are well known for giving their owners heart failures :)

Personally I love my corn - I know he's just a plain corn snake but he's a real character and as for my Tai :wub: - she's actually very friendly for a tai and will sit happily on my arm while I clean her viv out (just don't put your hand in her viv at feeding time).

I know a woman on this forum who has a few Royals herself, she will be able to provide you with every bit of info you need Snake forum jus post in the off topic link and they should get back to your post asap.
(((you don't have to join)))

Most reactions

Back