Snake Like Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

saltynay

Patron
Reaction score
So I am setting up a new tank and I want to use fish that have that long thin snake look. So far I have looked into rope fish, spiny eels, birchirs, khuli loaches and rubber eels any others?

well obviously there is snake heads, there is some pretty cool catfish called eel catfish, not ver common but are on my lfs list atm so are available.
Or if you have a massive tank get yourself an electric eel!
Other than those you mentioned im struggling to think of any more, though im sure ther is!
Dave

Unfortunately I don't have a 100 gallon tank laying around although that would be an awesome pet and I could charge my phone from it or torture my enemies muahaha.

I don't really have anymore species to suggest although I am going to recommend the Reed Fish

When kept in a large group these fish definitely come into their own, They look amazing when they all curl up together to rest,

well its deffo not a fish, but amphibians...however iam still going to reccomend it so sue me :lol: .....
Typhlonectes natans aka rubber eel, these are great looking amphiblians which as far as i know only Mikaila31 owns them...

i'd agree with davo in saying reed fish, they make a stunning display as a large group and are extremely good looking and interesting fish to own.

he said in the op nelly that he has already looked into rubber eels, they look very cool though, i guess its just up to him to decide what he can or wants to keep now!

As i noticed you had already said snakehead's so i bit my lip :lol:

however i shall agree i have a reed fish only one as cant find more, but a great looking fish all the same, takes bloodworm from my

fingers and i can stroke him and remove him with a finger from the water and he will just swim through my finger and poke head out

water to repeat the action,

Unsure I will be living in thailand for atleast 8 months so want to set up a large tank and arrange with a LFS to rent the fish or arrange for a good price upon returning to them somehow. Think I am going to have practice my Thai to be able to negotiate the deal and it may mean several less dances from lady boys. Channas are a big possibility as they are native they are supposedly cheap or so I have heard from the singaporean fish forums I am currently frequenting. Also laws are suppose to be quite lax about catching wild fish so may go on a fishing trip and come back with a real monster and convert my whole room into a 2000 gallon tank. Also looking into needlefish I think a shoal of 3 of those in a 200 gallon would be very impressive scape and they can also be wild caught legally.

REEDFISH! REEDFISH! REEDFISH! The cutest, most adorable fish ever. They have such a personality, and they are very peacefull! Iwould really go for the reedfish, as long as you don't have any small neon tetra size fish. The are social and very cute. I made a great desicion on bying one :wub: .I hope you get one. You will never regret it. :shout: :good: :good:

Reedfish - I now have 5 and they are fantastic fish, eat anything, peaceful and so much fun to watch :)

REEDFISH! REEDFISH! REEDFISH! The cutest, most adorable fish ever. They have such a personality, and they are very peacefull! Iwould really go for the reedfish, as long as you don't have any small neon tetra size fish. The are social and very cute. I made a great desicion on bying one :wub: .I hope you get one. You will never regret it. :shout: :good: :good:

you didn't really make the greatest of decisions just buying one though, they are only really happy as a part of a group, they are very sociable fish and should not be kept singularly.

Dave

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back