Snails

tennis4you

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
USA - Ohio
I bought some plants at a local fish store and of course I noticed I had some unwanted visitors in my tank the next day. I had a ton of white spots on the tank and they were moving ever so slowly. I put some Snail killer in the tank and that took care of it. Well, except 3.

I now have (3) snails, 2 have round shells and 1 has a cone type shell. I assume the ones with the rounded shells are like mystery snails? Their shells are still sort of transparent. I have no clue what the cone shaped one is.
 
I bought some plants at a local fish store and of course I noticed I had some unwanted visitors in my tank the next day. I had a ton of white spots on the tank and they were moving ever so slowly. I put some Snail killer in the tank and that took care of it. Well, except 3.

I now have (3) snails, 2 have round shells and 1 has a cone type shell. I assume the ones with the rounded shells are like mystery snails? Their shells are still sort of transparent. I have no clue what the cone shaped one is.



the cone shaped one is a malasyian trumptet snail, they are self producing so youll have lots soon, di
 
In future if you want to get rid of snails or at least keep the population down, just place some cucumber or lettuce in the tank over night, by the morning they will be all over it, just remove it and dispose of the snails as you see fit.

Snails will do no harm to your tank or fish, they even help keep the algae and food waste down, so a good thing IMO.
 
In future if you want to get rid of snails or at least keep the population down, just place some cucumber or lettuce in the tank over night, by the morning they will be all over it, just remove it and dispose of the snails as you see fit.

Snails will do no harm to your tank or fish, they even help keep the algae and food waste down, so a good thing IMO.


Agreed, its hard to tell how many snails i have, i like to think i have between 20 - 30, a vital part of the clean up crew in my opinion.
 
i used to have tons of snails.
talking like 90.. babies
cos my snail gave birth.
they were heaps cute
but there all gone now
musta got buried under the gravel
lol
ahwell
i had some cone shaped ones too.
there cute ahaha.
xo
 

Most reactions

Back
Top