Snails

maximinimus

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derbyshire
I bought some Java fern a couple of weeks ago but it looks like I didn't clean it well enough, this morning I saw something moving slowly across a large white rock... It was tiny, around 3mm across, I wasnt sure what it was so I pulled it off the rock and had a look at it under light. It was a tiny blue apple snail!

When I get home from work tonight I'm gonna have a good look to see if there are any more of them, they look great.
 
I bought some Java fern a couple of weeks ago but it looks like I didn't clean it well enough, this morning I saw something moving slowly across a large white rock... It was tiny, around 3mm across, I wasnt sure what it was so I pulled it off the rock and had a look at it under light. It was a tiny blue apple snail!

When I get home from work tonight I'm gonna have a good look to see if there are any more of them, they look great.


from my experience the only thing that killed my snail infestation was to use velvet control, I'm not saying it will work for you only it seemed to work for me, use half the dose if you have catfish and light scaled fish,
 
I don't want to kill them, I've only seen the one so far and I've read that blue apple snails don't eat aquarium plants, so I'm not at all worried about them.
 
depends if its a cana, there are different types of apple snails but its more likely a Pomacea (pomacea) bridgesii and they dont eat plants as a rule, ive some purple and pink striped ones. di
 
Oh man, that post by purpleflower made me sad. Why are snails hated so. :(

Nice luck there, maximinimus. Let's hope it's actually a P. bridgesii. :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top