Hi folks
2 weeks ago bought new plant from LFS, thought I had inspected it really well and washed it but within a week noticed 7 little snails. Now 2 weeks old and growing really fast. I understand that they breed like flies but they are busy working their way up and down the tank glass. My questions are:
1.Are they good or bad for the tank?
2.Can they harm the fish ie infection?
3. Should I put a stop to them now?
I only have a small tank 38lts with 3 adult platy and 5 2 month old fry.
many thanks as always for any advice
(sorry I cannot supply a picture of said snails as I have no digital camera)
regards
Keeley
2 weeks ago bought new plant from LFS, thought I had inspected it really well and washed it but within a week noticed 7 little snails. Now 2 weeks old and growing really fast. I understand that they breed like flies but they are busy working their way up and down the tank glass. My questions are:
1.Are they good or bad for the tank?
2.Can they harm the fish ie infection?
3. Should I put a stop to them now?
I only have a small tank 38lts with 3 adult platy and 5 2 month old fry.
many thanks as always for any advice
(sorry I cannot supply a picture of said snails as I have no digital camera)
regards
Keeley
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=41473
) told me they'd be okay if I left them alone but clearly it can get out of control. One or two looks ok (which I'd hope mine would stay at) but an infestation can look very unsightly and hard to control. 






