Snails and salt

Dasmms45

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Have I killed my snails whilst dosing the tank with aquarium salt?
Can they tolerate any amount of salt or not?
Cheers

I would say 4 tablespoons over the last 4 days with 50 % water change yesterday

Did you dissolve salt in water before putting in tank? Or just poured salt straight in?

Ok brill thanks, I just realised 2 hadn't moved for 24 hours and the other 1 is stuck to a structure so guess hes ok.

API aquarium salt, theres no instructions telling me to dissolve it just says to add it, why dont they explain this stuff

It shouldn’t be a massive issue but yes it doesn’t state it. It’s just incase the salt landed near the snail then that part is more concentrated than others until it dissolves. In future if you need to use salt, take some tank water out in a jug or jar then add the salt to that and stir til dissolved. Then pour it back in

It shouldn’t be a massive issue but yes it doesn’t state it. It’s just incase the salt landed near the snail then that part is more concentrated than others until it dissolves. In future if you need to use salt, take some tank water out in a jug or jar then add the salt to that and stir til dissolved. Then pour it back in
Right now I know, shouldve known as it kills slugs in the garden, pretty obvious 😬 if they are dead I'd need to remove them asap wouldnt I?

Right now I know, shouldve known as it kills slugs in the garden, pretty obvious 😬 if they are dead I'd need to remove them asap wouldnt I?

I checked the post I don’t think you mentioned about snails otherwise I would have been a bit more careful about the salt. It shouldn’t be a problem I hope but yes if they are dead then remove them asap :)

Most reactions

trending

Back