Snail Invasion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

logansmil

Reaction score
I recently brought some Red Cherry Shrimp and put them with my pregnant guppy. The LFS gave me some plants for free, said the shrimp like to feed off them. Anyway, I put them in the tank an now my tank is full of baby snails. How do I get rid of them without harming my pregnant guppy, guppy fry and the red Cherry shrimp?

Thanks in advance.

I recently brought some Red Cherry Shrimp and put them with my pregnant guppy. The LFS gave me some plants for free, said the shrimp like to feed off them. Anyway, I put them in the tank an now my tank is full of baby snails. How do I get rid of them without harming my pregnant guppy, guppy fry and the red Cherry shrimp?

Thanks in advance.
Maybe just pick as many out as you can?

I would not add salt especially with fry in the tank. I had a snail invasion too. They are not going to hurt anything and will eat the excess food in your tank. Cut back on how much food you are feeding your fish that will help control the snails and vacuum the gravel really good each time you do it.(At least once a week)

I would not add salt especially with fry in the tank. I had a snail invasion too. They are not going to hurt anything and will eat the excess food in your tank. Cut back on how much food you are feeding your fish that will help control the snails and vacuum the gravel really good each time you do it.(At least once a week)
Ok, thank you for your advice. I'm hoping the snails don't over run my tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back