snail and shrimp

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

puffreak

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering how to grow a colony of feeder ghost shrimp. I wanted to keep a bunch handy for my puffer fish. Also, I want to grow some snails. What kinds grow the fastest, because I'll be feeding a lot? thank!

-puffreak

Everything ive read says that breeding them is just a chance egg-laying or two. Ghosties are cheap, tho, if you can buy a bunch (100 for $10 at my lfs) and store them until they're fed.

oh ya... snails... pond snails bred rapidly for me. This makes them a usual pest, but im sure you could get some from someone infested wiht them. If mine ever come back after copper treatments, i might be able to send u some.

I bought some apple snails to breed so I could feed the young to my C. Asselus but me little puffs popped their clogs last week :-( It still hurts talking about the little guys :(

Ghost shrimp are fairly easy to breed providing they have a heavly planted tank. Most times when bought they are already loaded with eggs and or young shrimp. They WILL eat the young so plenty of live plants is a must. A mild current is also suggested.

Not much to it, just a planted tank, a few dozen ghost and plenty of food. They are tiny when they are laid but viss to the naked eye. not the dressed eye. Sorry couldn't resist. :unsure:

Snails, there you should have NO problem because most snails founf on plants reproduce at a pretty fast rate and there is no real requirements. Beware though because some species of snails can and will take over a tank ion no time if let be.
Danny

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back